How to apply for reprint or revision of PAN card online
These steps can help you submit your application to revise or reprint your PAN card.
- You may get your PAN card reprinted or revised via NSDL or UTITSL websites. We did this via the NSDL website and the steps below will reflect that.
- First head to the NDSL website.Go through the drop-down menu under Application Type and select Changes or Correction in existing PAN Data / Reprint of PAN Card (No changes in existing PAN Data).Now fill in all the details, enter the captcha code, and then click Submit.
- In the next thing you can choose how you wish to submit your PAN documents. This can be carried out via an e-KYC that needs an Aadhaar card, via submission of scanned images through e-Sign, or by physically sending documents. We chose e-KYC via Aadhaar and so the steps will change only a little if you decide on one of the other methods. Fill out most of the fields marked with a red asterisk (star) and then click Next.
- Enter your own personal details in the fields marked with a red asterisk and click Next.
- Ensure that all these facts are exactly as mentioned on your own Aadhaar card. If there is a mismatch, you will not manage to authenticate via Aadhaar before you correct it and you only learn when there is a mismatch after paying. In the event there’s a mismatch, you get a refund but in order to avoid this, double-check all details right now.
- Now find the document you wish to submit along together with your application. We clicked on eKYC, filled all the details, and then clicked Proceed.
- So you will see the fee (excluding online payment charges). Revision of PAN card or reprint of PAN card costs around Rs. 120 (all inclusive) for Indians and around Rs. 1,040 for those outside India. Click Pay Confirm.
- Enter your payment details and finish the payment process. Then you definitely will see a page that tells you if the transaction was successful. If it absolutely was, you get a bank reference number and a transaction reference number. Save both of these and then click Continue.
- So you will need to authenticate via Aadhaar. Below your Aadhaar number, tick the box and then click Authenticate.
- If your own personal details match with what’s mentioned on your own Aadhaar card, click Continue with e-Sign / e-KYC.
- Tick the checkbox and then click Generate OTP.
- Enter the OTP and then click Submit.
- So you will reach a page where you see your application form since it was submitted. Download this in PDF format and store it somewhere. You will also have the acknowledgement via email.