25% more registration fee will have to be paid on a 15-year-old vehicle
- For the maintenance and re-registration of 15-year-old vehicles, the price can be up to 25%.
- According to an English newspaper, if the government accepted the road scrapping offer of the road transport ministry, you would have to pay up to 25 times more to get your vehicle registered again.
- According to the news published in the Times of India, the Ministry of Road Transport has proposed that the fee for the registration of old private vehicles should be increased by 25 percent.
- In such a situation, the ministry has sent policy papers to all departments to ask for their opinion.
- The government can implement this rule from the middle of the year 2020.
- In addition, the government aims to increase the approved centers for scraping.